Room makeover can be time-consuming and expensive. However, there are easy and creative ways that you can use to freshen up your space. Adding colors with the use of trendy poster art is one of the impressive ways to easily transform the interior appearance.
The psychology of colors
By definition, color psychology is the study of hues as a determinant of human behavior. Several studies have shown that colors can affect a person’s mood and state of mind. This observation can be traced back to Ancient Egypt wherein they were able to study the effects of color on mood and used them to give people several benefits.
Psychology these days have thoroughly studied the effects of color on human behavior. With impressive results, they have been used in many industries such as in business, advertisement, design, and art. In general, colors are divided into two groups, cool colors, and warm colors. Each group is known to affect the mood and behavior of humans as well as the atmosphere of the room.
Colors and interior decoration
You may wonder how colors affect the environment. There are three ways on how colors behave. They can be active, passive, or neutral. For instance, neutral colors such as black, gray, white, and brown tend to establish balance in the interior appearance. These colors can buffer the effects of cool and warm colors.
Warm colors evoke warmth as they remind us of the sun and fire. Examples are red, yellow, and orange. While cool colors, such as blue, green, and purple evoke a cool feeling as they remind us of water and plants. For hundreds of years, this concept has been studied and recorded that is used in many aspects.
Here are some colors and their respective meanings:
- Red – this color is mostly associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination, passion, desire, love, and intimacy. This is the reason why during the celebration of Valentine’s Day, many establishments decorate their interior with shades of red. The shade is also employed in the kitchen as it is known to stimulate the appetite. Choose this color if you want to add excitement to your room.
- Orange – this color is known to be associated with sunshine, joy, and warm tropics. This color also symbolizes happiness, creativity, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
- Yellow – this color is likewise associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy. Perfect to be added in the kitchen, bathrooms, dining room, and hallway. This is a cheerful color if the right shade is chosen. It can also be used to blend with neutral colors for a more sophisticated-looking interior.
- Green – the color of nature and considered to be the calming color for the eye. The color symbolizes harmony, growth, freshness, and fertility. If you want to have a soothing and relaxing home, then green is the perfect color to use.
- Blue – the most popular color in many countries. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth. This color is also said to be beneficial to the mind and body due to the effects it evokes.
- Purple – a mysterious color that can add drama and sophistication to the room.
Imagine what a world would look like without colors. Dull, boring, and somber. This is also what your home will look like without colors. The addition of posters is one of the fastest and easiest ways to add color to the interior. In artdesign, we have many poster arts that will make the interior look fun and interesting. Depending on the preference and personality of the homeowner, their choice of colors can set the appropriate mood in their homes.