Room makeovers can be time-consuming and expensive. However, there are easy and creative ways that you can use to freshen up your space. Adding colors with trendy prints is one of the remarkable ways to transform the interior appearance quickly.
Colors and behavior
Color psychology studies hues as a determinant of human behavior. Several studies have shown that colors can affect a person’s mood and mind. This observation can be traced back to Ancient Egypt, wherein they studied the effects of color on mood and used them to give people several benefits.
Psychology has studied the effects of color on human behavior. They have been used in many industries, such as business, advertisement, design, and art. In general, colors are divided into two groups: cool and warm colors. Each group is known to affect the mood and behavior of humans.
Choose the right colors for your room
You may wonder how colors affect the environment. There are three ways in which colors behave. They can be active, passive, or neutral. For instance, neutral colors such as black, gray, white, and brown establish balance in the interior appearance. These colors can buffer the effects of cool and warm colors.
Warm colors evoke warmth as they remind us of the sun and fire. Examples are red, yellow, and orange. While cool colors, such as blue, green, and purple, evoke an incredible feeling as they remind us of water and plants. For hundreds of years, this concept has been studied and recorded that is used in many aspects.
Here are some colors and what they represent:
- Red is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination, Valentine’s Day passion, desire, love, and intimacy. This is why many establishments decorate their interior with shades of red during the celebration. The shade is also employed in the kitchen as it stimulates the appetite. Choose this color if you want to add excitement to your room.
- Orange is associated with sunshine, joy, and warm tropics. This color symbolizes happiness, creativity, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
- Yellow represents joy, happiness, intellect, and energy. The color is perfect to be added in the kitchen, bathrooms, dining room, and hallway. This is a cheerful color if the right shade is chosen. It can also blend with neutral colors for a more sophisticated-looking interior.
- Green is the color of nature and is considered a calming color for the eye. The color symbolizes harmony, growth, freshness, and fertility. Adding the color green to your home gives it a soothing and relaxing atmosphere.
- Blue is the most popular color in many countries. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth. The color is also said to be beneficial to the mind and body due to the relaxing effects it evokes.
- Purple is a mysterious color that can add drama and sophistication to any living space.
A world without colors is dull. A home without colors also evokes the same feeling. There are various ways to add colors to your rooms. Posting posters is one of the cost-efficient ways to add colors to your space. At artdesign.ph, you can choose from over a thousand designs that you will surely adore. Customize your walls with personalized prints and flaunt the real you.