Posters are fantastic wall decor. Hanging trendy and stylish posters is one of the fastest ways to make the wall appear great. They can help you create an eye-catching focal point. Here are some ideas to hang posters and create compelling wall decorations.
What are posters?
Posters became popular in the late 1700s. Since then, many companies and groups have changed their ways of promoting their products, services, and events. Jules Cheret has changed the concept of posters that many have adapted. From an advertising medium, posters were then used as an art form. Artistically designed posters need to be visible in storage. They must be displayed to decorate any plain and simple-looking walls.
Exciting tips for displaying your posters
Posters are displayed in different ways. For instance, large posters can be displayed in the living room or foyer. These can be displayed by marking the corners lightly with a pencil and covering the back of the poster with a decoupage. Bubbles can be removed with a cloth.
Many homeowners display posters using tacks, double-sided tape, or poster gum. As these methods may attract the public, it is also recommended to mount the posters before displaying them on the walls to look more appealing and presentable.
Here are simple steps to follow to mount your posters:
Start with the tools you need:
- Acid-free foam core, a few inches larger than the poster
- Spray adhesive
- Thin strips of wooden molding
- Hand saw
- Utility knife
- Eye screws and picture hanging wire
Easy steps to follow:
- Spread old newspapers on the floor or any flat surface and lay out the foam core and poster. Spray the foam core with adhesive and firmly press the poster on the foam core.
- Cut away the excess foam core with a straightedge and utility knife.
- Attach a cradle that will stabilize the mounted poster in either direction. You can use thin wooden trim or moldings to do this.
- Allow the mounted poster to dry, and create pilot holes in the molding behind the poster using tacks or nails. These holes will be where the screws will be attached.
- Attach a loop of wire before hanging the mounted poster.
There are also available DIY kits that will help you mount your posters. These kits are complete with frames, acrylic glass, screws, and other materials needed for mounting.
Hanging the posters
There is no strict rule regarding where posters need to be displayed. You can show them on any wall where you think decorations are required. If you are new to the room or space, there are many areas where you can hang your poster art. Mounted posters are not only functional. They can also create beautiful wall art. In addition to these, the posters can also help you set the right atmosphere for your home.