The display of posters is one of the fun and exciting ways to express ourselves, add a personal style to our rooms, and bring to life any room in our homes. Gone are the days that we simply display the art or any photos on the walls. Sometimes we even use corkboards to pin these memorabilia. These days, the use of frames does not only protect your art, posters, or photos. They can also add beauty to the wall decor that will level up the overall appearance of your walls.
Local framing store
The quickest and easiest way to frame a poster is to bring it to a local framing store. However, this may be a little expensive and greatly depends on the type and size of the frame. The only disadvantage is that these stores may have a limited selection of suitable frames to choose from. Some stores may also offer you frames that are of not good quality and may cause problems in the future.
Frame it yourself
If you are worried that you may commit a mistake in framing your posters, there are different references on how to do it correctly. The internet is one of the best sources that we have these days and practically everything can be found on various websites.
Choosing the right frame is quite a challenge at first. But come to think of it, there are simple ways to determine the most suitable frame for your needs. You need to consider two aspects of your poster. Is the poster black and white or colored? You also need to consider the dimension of the poster. If the poster is black and white, a neutral frame is highly recommended to highlight the image. If the poster is in vibrant colors, choose a frame with a color that is also featured in the poster.
How to frame a poster
- To use or not to use a mat. The mat can add beauty to your posters as it provides an extra border, providing a space between the poster and the frame. Mats can also adjust the size of the poster.
- The right frame to use. There are different types of frames to use. The materials also vary from plastic to high-quality metal or wood. These frames can add beauty to your poster and likewise protect them especially those that are considered to be collector’s editions.
- Clean the glass or plexiglass.
- Attach the poster to an adhesive foam board.
- Slide the glass back into its place in the frame.
- Fit the mat into the frame.
- Gently slide the poster or foam board into the frame behind the mat.
- If there is a need for a poster backing, then add it to the assembly. This protects the art against dust and dents.
- Attach the hanging mechanism.
The perfect frame for your poster
Finding the right frame for your poster and framing it is not that difficult as many people think. Many shops sell posters in the form of a kit. There are instructions included to guide you in properly adding the frame. In Artdesign, we have simple yet appealing frames that will add beauty to any poster design that you choose. Choose the right frame and beautify your walls.