Posters come in different designs and sizes. The display of trendy and stylish posters is one of the fastest ways to make the wall appear fun and exciting. With this work of art displayed properly, they can help you create a memorable focal point that will be adored by anyone who sees them. Here are some ideas on how to display posters and create a compelling wall decoration that you will never forget.
Brief introduction of posters
The popularity of posters started in the late 1700s. Since then, many companies and groups have changed their ways of promoting their products, services, and events. Jules Cheret has changed the concept of posters that many have adapted. From an advertising medium, posters were then used as an art form. Artistically designed posters need not be hidden in the storage. They must be displayed to decorate any plain and simple-looking walls.
Simple tips to display your trendy poster art
Posters can be displayed in different ways. For instance, large posters that feature landscape, city skylines, architectural designs, and scenic landscapes can be displayed in the living room or the foyer. These can simply be displayed by marking the corners lightly with a pencil and by covering the back of the poster with decoupage. Any bubbles can easily be removed with the use of cloth.
Many homeowners display posters with the use of tacks, double-sided tape, or poster gum. As these methods may attract the public, it is also recommended to mount the posters before displaying them on the walls for them to look more appealing and presentable.
Here are simple steps to follow to mount your posters:
Acid-free foam core, a few inches larger than the poster
Thin strips of wooden molding
Eye screws and picture hanging wire
Easy steps to follow:
- Spread old newspapers on the floor or any flat surface and lay out the foam core and poster. Spray the foam core with adhesive and firmly press the poster on the foam core.
- Remove the excess foam core with the use of a straightedge and utility knife.
- Attach a cradle that will stabilize the mounted poster in either direction. You can use thin wooden trim or moldings to do this.
- Allow the mounted poster to dry and create pilot holes in the molding behind the poster with the use of tacks or nails. These holes will be where the screws will be attached.
- Attach a loop of wire before hanging the mounted poster.
There are also available DIY kits that will help you mount your posters. These kits are complete with frames, acrylic glass, screws, and other materials needed for mounting.
Displaying the poster
There is no strict rule when it comes to the area where posters need to be displayed. In general, you can display them on any wall where you think decorations are needed. If you are new to the room or space, there are many areas where you can hang your poster art.
Mounted posters are not only functional. They can also create attractive wall art. In addition to these, the posters can also help you set the right atmosphere for your home.