The walls are usually the first thing that you see when you enter any room or living space. It is just right that they are designed and decorated properly to add value to any home. Many homeowners are quite contented with paint and wallpaper. Yet, there are other ingenious and innovative ways to make the wall look more remarkable and interesting.
Creative wall covering ideas that you will adore
Paints are the commonly used wall covering in many homes. The colors that are usually used include white, cream, yellow, and pastels. However, sometimes looking at plainly colored walls may be dull and boring. These days, creative and artistic designing of the walls is becoming the trend.
With the use of different materials, you can create a compelling wall design that will impress your family and friends. Here are some ideas that you can use in your home to make the walls look fun and exciting.
- Floor to ceiling tiles – this is one of the exciting ways to cover the walls and should be done to only one wall of the house so as not to be overwhelming. The tiles not only give beauty to the living room, but they also give an impression of having a high ceiling.
- Wood elements – this can be done by recycling or upcycling certain wood materials such as palettes. Adding them to the walls can give a rustic appearance to the living room.
- Stencils – shapes and other motifs can be a focal point in the living room. This can be done by yourself or there are affordable stencil materials available in the market.
- Wall decals – these wallcoverings are one of the affordable ways to decorate the walls. They are also easy to install and can be purchased online or in many home improvement stores.
- Trendy posters – prints come in many designs and are likewise available online or in different shops. Posters can easily add style to any home and make them look appealing. Framed posters are even more interesting as the type and colors of the frames add beauty to the prints as well as to the walls.
- Fabric – fabric can be used to cover the entire wall or there is also available fabric in squares that you can buy and display in cool patterns.
Add texture for a wonderful wall appearance
Adding texture on walls can bring character to the whole room interior. Usually, this is done by home improvement professionals. With a little imagination and resourcefulness, you can also add texture to the walls with any material available, such as combs, brooms, cloth, and sponges.
The texture of the wall likewise depends on paint, drywall mud, and the use of a machine. These are efficient for large surfaced walls as you will have a large area to display your creativity.
The walls in any living space can be useful aesthetically and functionally. Think of it s a large blank canvas where you can employ your creativity in decorating them. In addition to these, decorating the walls with coverings can add value to your home, especially if you are thinking of selling them in the future.