Rustic design style originated from the mountain lodges, log cabins, and inspired by the Wild West. Cabin homes or mountain lodges have a remarkable appearance from the exterior. The most common appearances are weathered wood, stone siding, and the view of the mountains and nature. Rustic design style primarily focuses on the rough and weathered materials such as knotted wood, wrought iron, leather, and wool.
Rustic decor is simple and natural in appearance. You will be able to see some potential rustic decors in your home. Another advantage of rustic decor is that they can be created from simple materials such as different types of wood, branches, twigs, and mason jars. These materials would not cost you anything or only at the minimum.
Create Your Own Rustic Home
Rustic design style always appears remarkable in the interior. This design style adds warmth and coziness that is captivating to the eyes of anyone who looks at it. There are also different kinds of rustic decors: French, English, and American styles. Achieving the three rustic styles can be challenging. Yet, these will create a home that will truly make you proud. Use motifs and materials with forest themes or pieces of wood furniture that will bring a rustic feeling.
Here are some inspirations that you may find useful to create a rustic design style. In some instances, the decors can be costly. This should not be the case as you can find different materials that can be used to achieve the style. All you need is resourcefulness in looking for the right materials.
- Rustic headboard – a headboard made from pallet boards and old barn wood
- Twine wrapped cabinet handles – wrap the handles of your cabinet with twines to give it the rustic appearance
- Pallet shelves – wall installed shelves made from the old palette is affordable and this can give the rustic appearance that you need
- Rustic photo frames – burlap for the matting and old wooden frames with black and white photos so that it will have an elegant and classy appearance
- Twine lamp – cover the base of the lamp totally with twine with the use of hot glue
- Rustic coffee table – with the use of slats of wood with different shades. Pattern them together and create your wall art with posters.
Poster Prints For A Rustic Room Appearance
Poster prints from the collection of artdesign are pretty cool and awesome. There are different rustic themed posters available that will meet your needs. Examples of posters that you can display for compelling wall art are Gold Leaves, and Palm Leaves.
These trendy posters can instantly create magnificent wall art. As simple as they may look like, they can bring an old atmosphere that can also evoke a nostalgic feeling. Creating this design style can also help you have your vacation spot. A log cabin atmosphere that is perfect for outgoing individuals. Along with the other decor elements, creating a rustic style would be easy and attainable.