The birth of your baby is one of the greatest gifts in the world. You have waited for several months and now that your baby has finally arrived, there are a lot of changes that may happen to your life and to the whole family. However, before that, there are some preparations that need to be done. The baby room will soon be the sanctuary of your little. Preparing it before the arrival is crucial so that it becomes comfortable and relaxing. Moreover, the baby room also needs to be multi-functional. Read on to learn a few tips about decorating the baby room.
Choose the right wall color
Choosing the color for the baby room is probably the first thing that comes to your mind. Why not? This is the very first thing that you will see upon entering the room. It is therefore right to prepare the room before the birth of your little one. You may already have an idea about gender so there are different colors to choose from that will personalize the whole baby room. Check out the list below to see if they fit your needs for the baby room:
- Red is usually associated with passion and aggression. Be careful with using this color when using it in the nursery. Do not paint the entire wall red and do not even make it the principal color of the room. Use it only to accent the wall or use decorative items of this color.
- Orange is another warm color. It stimulates communication and friendship. Be careful as well with the use of orange as too much may be too stimulating.
- Yellow is a cheerful and sunny color. It provides more energy and contributes to better memory with the lighter hues help in concentrating. Too much yellow may likewise be too agitating for the baby.
- Green is a neutral color that can be used in any room. It is the color of health and well-being. It is a good choice for the nursery especially if you decide to use lighter and softer shades.
- Blue is a cool color that is calming and relaxing. It is a good choice for the nursery and can be used whether you have a boy or a girl. Choose the lighter hues since the dark shades can be too depressing.
- White is one of the common choices of parents. It is the color of purity and innocence. It offers calmness but it is recommended to use it in combination with other colors and decors.
- Brown is also a good choice for the baby room. It is warm and pleasant and it’s better to combine it with other colors such as blue, beige, and green.
Personalized Baby Posters and Pictures
In many instances, the first thing that comes into your mind when decorating your room is the use of posters. It is one of the easiest ways to decorate the walls and make the room look warm and bright. Before choosing the poster design, you need to take into consideration the theme of the room first. Also, the color scheme is important so that you will be able to pick the right poster design that will blend. Personalized posters of babies come in different appearances and themes. And the choice depends on your existing interior design style.
A neutral theme for the posters is the safest to use as they can easily blend with any design style that the room has. The image can be anything, from animals to the baby’s first photos. Once displayed on the walls, these posters will make wonderful wall art that your family and friends will surely adore. Other themes that you can create in the nursery with the use of posters are nautical, safari, medieval, and cartoons/
These days, parents even make the nursery look lovely with family photos arranged in a random layout. A large-sized customized poster of the baby will even make the wall art more interesting and personalized.